Are you curious about the cost of a New York Times subscription? Look no further! In this article, we will reveal the New York Times subscription price for subscribing to the esteemed publication. Whether you’re interested in digital access or prefer the print edition, we have all the information you need to make an informed decision. So, let’s dive in and discover How much NY Times subscription is.
New York Times “NYT” subscription benefits
The New York Times is a daily newspaper offering print and digital subscriptions. The core of the paper is its news coverage, which includes sections like U.S. News, World News, Politics, Business, Technology, Science, Health, Sports, Arts, Travel, and Books. You can share your subscription with your family and friends as well.
Readers can subscribe to the daily print newspaper or access all the content online with a digital All Access subscription. In addition, You can share your subscription with your family and friends as well. Beyond news, The New York Times has expanded into other verticals and subscription offerings.
NY Times subscription options
New York Times Cooking offers access to the cooking and recipes archive.
Wirecutter is a product recommendations service with its own subscription.
The Athletic covers sports in-depth and also has a separate subscription.
New York Times Games includes crossword puzzles, sudoku, spelling bee, and other games and puzzles.
New York Times All Access: I know you might be asking; I have heard about NYT All Access, but what does NYT All Access include?
Well, It includes “The New York Times Cooking, Wirecutter, The Athletic, New York Times Games, and the News, including the Magazine section”. In my opinion, it’s the best and cheapest option to buy.
How much is the New York Times online subscription?
Let’s start with the Cost of the NY Times digital subscription:
1- New York Times The Athletic Subscription Price Alone.
The NYT Athletic subscription is a haven for sports enthusiasts. Subscribers get unparalleled access to in-depth sports reporting and commentary at just $1.99 per month for the first year and $7.99 monthly thereafter.
This subscription is billed monthly, offering flexibility and easy access to the latest sports journalism. Whether you’re a fan of basketball, football, or any other sport, The Athletic ensures you’re always in the loop.
2-New York Times Games Subscription Price Alone.
How much is the New York Times games subscription?
For puzzle lovers who ask How much is the NYT Games subscription, I want to say that it is a treasure trove, priced at $2 every four weeks or an annual fee of $20.
It includes access to popular games like Wordle, Spelling Bee, and an archive of over 10,000 crosswords.
This subscription is perfect for sharpening your mind with challenging and fun puzzles, providing daily entertainment at an affordable price.
3-New York Times Wirecutter Subscription price Alone
The Wirecutter, known for its rigorous product reviews and recommendations, is available for $5 every four weeks or at a discounted annual rate of $40.
Subscribers save 40% with the annual plan, making it an excellent option for those relying on expert advice for purchasing decisions. From tech gadgets to home appliances, Wirecutter guides you through every purchase with confidence.
4-The Cost of New York Times Cooking Subscription Alone
How much is the New York Times cooking subscription?
NYT Cooking is a culinary dream, offering thousands of recipes and cooking guides for just $2 per month or $20 annually.
This subscription is billed every four weeks, providing daily inspiration and advice for both novice cooks and seasoned chefs. With NYT Cooking, every meal can be a delightful adventure in taste and skill.
5-New York Times All Access Subscription
The All Access plan is the most comprehensive, encompassing news, games, cooking, Wirecutter, and The Athletic, initially priced at $0.25 per week for the first six months, which is $1 monthly.
After the six-month ends, you will pay $3 dollar a week, which is ‘$12/Month’.
If you want to pay yearly, You will pay $10/year for the first year as a new subscription, then $90 per year.
This tier offers global news reporting, commentary, culture, and more. It’s a one-stop shop with the NYT for all your informational and entertainment needs.
How much is the New York Times Paper Subscription? (New York Times Print Edition)
A subscription to the print edition of The New York Times delivers iconic journalism straight to your doorstep. Readers enjoy getting the satisfying thump of the newspaper landing on their front stoop before coffee. The New York Times print edition allows readers to choose the delivery frequency that fits their schedule. Here are the prices for the delivery options.
How much is the Sunday New York Times?
The Sunday edition, billed at $5 per week, includes the Sunday Magazine, Book Review, Travel, Sunday Styles, and Sunday Review. This option is ideal for readers who love to spend their Sundays catching up on a breadth of insightful content.
Three Day (Friday–Sunday)
Priced at $7.50 per week, this subscription includes Weekend Arts on Friday, Saturday Profile, and all the Sunday features. It’s perfect for weekend readers who enjoy a mix of arts, culture, and in-depth analysis.
The weekday subscription, also at $7.50 per week, covers a range of topics from the Media column on Mondays to Food on Wednesdays, and Thursdays Styles. It’s tailored for those who want a daily dose of diverse news throughout the workweek.
For the most comprehensive experience, the Daily subscription at $10 per week offers the full spectrum of NYT content daily. It includes exclusive sections like Science Times Tuesdays and Food Wednesdays, ensuring that every day has enriching content.
How to Access New York Times Archives?
Accessing the New York Times Archives is a straightforward process that can be a goldmine for researchers, historians, and the generally curious.
The archives offer a vast collection of articles dating back to 1851. Here’s how you can delve into this rich historical resource:
Accessing the New York Times Archives
- What It Offers: TimesMachine provides a digital replica of all issues of The New York Times published between 1851 and 2002. This includes searchable, browsable page scans and PDF versions of articles from 1851-1980. Articles published after 1980 are available only in full-text form, not as PDFs.
- Access for Subscribers: TimesMachine is available to both print and digital subscribers of The New York Times.
- PDF Downloads: Your subscription allows up to 100 PDF downloads per month.
- Website: Access TimesMachine via timesmachine.nytimes.com.
2-Using The New York Times Article Archive:
- What It Offers: The Article Archive contains articles from 1851 to the present. Articles from 1851-1980 are available in full-text or partial articles, while full-text versions are available for all articles published after 1980. Partial articles include an excerpt and a link to TimesMachine where the entire article can be viewed in its original form.
- Access for Everyone: The Archive is accessible to everyone, with articles from 1851-1922, 1964, and 1987- today counting toward non-subscribers limited article views. Website: Access The New York Times Article Archive via www.nytimes.com.
Searching the Archives:
- Basic Search Bar: When using the basic search bar on either platform, the search will pull from article headlines, the full text of the article, the author field, date range, and index terms.
- Search Tips: Make your search terms as specific as possible for best results. Use quotation marks to find exact phrases. You can narrow your search to a specific date range, section, or type using filters. Results can be sorted by newest or oldest.
- Archive Search Precision: Searching the Archive is not especially precise, but phrase searching and date filters can be useful.
Whether you are looking to explore historical events as they were reported, conduct academic research, or satisfy your curiosity about past news coverage, the New York Times Archives offers an invaluable resource. Remember to use specific search terms and filters to navigate through the extensive database effectively.
How to cancel a New York Times subscription?
General Steps to Cancel New York Times Subscription
- Via NYT Website:
- Log in to your New York Times account.
- Click on your profile page.
- Find and select “Manage Account.”
- Click on the “cancel subscription” button and follow the steps provided.
Cancelling Your Subscription by Phone or Chat
If you prefer to cancel your New York Times subscription over the phone, here’s how you can do it:
- Prepare Your Account Information: Have your account details ready. This might include your subscription number, full name, and any other relevant information tied to your subscription.
- Call Customer Service: Dial 1 800-6998-4637 to reach the New York Times customer service. This number will connect you to a representative who can assist with your subscription cancellation.
- Talk to the Representative: Once connected, inform the representative that you wish to cancel your subscription. They may ask you for your account details and reason for cancellation.
- Follow the Instructions: The representative will guide you through the cancellation process. Make sure to follow their instructions carefully.
- Confirmation: Before ending the call, ensure you receive confirmation that your subscription has been canceled. You may also ask for an email confirmation for your records.
- You can chat as well from this page
Canceling on an Apple iPhone
- For All NYT Subscriptions:
- Open your Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Select “Subscriptions”.
- Choose the NYT subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription”.
Canceling New York Times Games Subscription
- On iPhone or iPad:
- Open Settings » Tap on your name » and Click “Subscriptions”.
- Select the NYT Games subscription.
- Click “Cancel”.
- On Android Device:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Click on Menu » “Subscriptions.”
- Tap on NYT Games subscription.
- Click “Cancel Subscription”.
- On a Mac Computer:
- Go to Mac AppStore » Click on your name (bottom sidebar).
- Click “View Information” and sign in if needed.
- Scroll down to the “Subscriptions” tab, then click “Manage”.
- Click “Edit” beside the NYT Games app and then click “Cancel Subscription”.
- If Subscribed Directly on NYT Games’s Website:
- Reach out to The New York Times Company.
- Visit the NYT Games website.
- Log in to your account.
- Look for “Billing,” “Subscription,” “Payment,” “Manage account,” or “Settings”.
- Click the relevant link and follow the prompts to cancel.
Canceling New York Times Cooking Subscription
- Via NYT Website:
- Visit The New York Times website and log in.
- Access the “My Account” or “Subscription” section.
- Click on “Manage Subscriptions” or a similar link.
- Find “New York Times Cooking” among the subscriptions.
- Click on the cancellation option and follow the prompts.
Canceling New York Times Crossword Subscription
The cancellation process for the NYT Crossword subscription generally follows the same steps as canceling the Games subscription, as it is part of the same package. Depending on the device or platform you used to subscribe (iOS, Android, Mac, or directly via the NYT website), refer to the corresponding steps outlined above for NYT Games.
What is the New York Times Annual Subscription Price?
NY Times digital subscription cost:
- New York Times The Athletic Only:
- $23.88 for the first year then $71.99/year
- New York Times Games Only:
- New York Times Wirecutter Only:
- New York Times Cooking Only:
- New York Times All Access:
- $66 for the first year (at $1/month for the first 6 months, then $12/month). Subsequent years are $90/year.
For the Print Subscriptions (Sunday, Three Day, Weekday, and Daily), the prices provided were on a weekly basis, and the annual cost would depend on the exact number of weeks in a year. However, if we calculate based on an average year of 52 weeks, the annual cost would be as follows:
Print Subscriptions Annual Price:
- Sunday: Approximately $260/year ($5/week).
- Three Day (Friday–Sunday): Approximately $390/year ($7.50/week).
- Weekday (Monday–Friday): Approximately $390/year ($7.50/week).
- Daily (Monday–Sunday): Approximately $520/year ($10/week).
Does the digital subscription include crossword puzzles?
- Yes, the NYT Games subscription, part of the All Access plan, includes over 10,000 crossword puzzles, providing endless challenges for puzzle enthusiasts.
Can you play Wordle without an NYT subscription?
- Yes, you can play Wordle without a New York Times subscription. Wordle became a part of The New York Times’ collection of online games after its acquisition, but it remains free to play for everyone. You do not need a subscription to The New York Times to access and enjoy the game.
Does a New York Times subscription include games?
- The All Access and the stand-alone Games subscriptions both include access to the NYT’s array of interactive games, such as the Spelling Bee and the daily crossword, as well as the famous Wordle game.
Is wirecutter included in the NY Times subscription?
Yes, it is included in the Access All Plan.
Is the athletic included in the NYT subscription?
Yes, similar to Wirecutter, Athletic is included in the Access All Plan.
Is the New York Times a Newspaper or Magazine?
The New York Times is primarily a newspaper. It is one of the leading newspapers in the United States and globally, known for its comprehensive coverage of national and international news.
The New York Times provides daily reporting on a variety of topics, including politics, business, technology, arts, science, and sports.
While the New York Times does publish a weekly magazine, known as the New York Times Magazine, the primary product of the New York Times is its daily newspaper.
How Often Does the New York Times Magazine Come Out?
The New York Times Magazine is a weekly publication. It typically comes out every Sunday as part of the Sunday edition of the New York Times newspaper.
The magazine features a range of articles, including in-depth features, essays, photography, and other journalistic works that cover a variety of subjects from culture and politics to lifestyle and design.
Where to buy the New York Times Newspaper and Magazine?
- Digital Subscription:
- Official Website: The easiest way to subscribe to the digital version of the New York Times is through their official website, nytimes.com. Here, you can choose from various digital subscription plans that offer access to news, games, cooking, and more.
- Mobile Apps: The New York Times offers apps for both iOS and Android devices. You can download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store and subscribe directly through the app.
- Print Edition:
- Home Delivery: You can subscribe to the print edition home delivery through the New York Times website. This service allows you to have the newspaper delivered to your doorstep. Please check the section above where we explain the delivery price.
- Retail Locations: The print edition of the New York Times is also available at various retail locations, including newsstands, bookstores, and supermarkets. Availability may vary based on your location.
- Kiosks and Hotels: In many cities, especially larger ones like New York City, you can find the New York Times in newspaper kiosks and often in hotels.
- Libraries and Educational Institutions:
- Many libraries and educational institutions have subscriptions to the New York Times. Visitors or members can access the newspaper either in print or digitally within these facilities.
- Online Retailers:
- Some online retailers and digital news platforms also offer subscriptions or individual issues of the New York Times.
Ultimately, whether a New York Times subscription is worth it depends on the value you place on quality journalism. By subscribing, you gain access to a wealth of informative and thought-provoking content and support the work of dedicated journalists who strive to provide accurate and reliable news. If staying informed and supporting quality journalism is important to you, a New York Times subscription can be a worthwhile investment.